For Home Buyers:
Why Buyers Choose Elizabeth Brien - Why homebuyers looking for a real estate agent in the Ann Arbor, Dexter and Chelsea area choose Elizabeth Brien.
Latest Listings - Get Elizabeth Brien's latest Ann Arbor, Dexter and Chelsea listings of homes for sale first!
Find Your Perfect Home - Elizabeth Brien will search for your ideal home and email you the newest Ann Arbor, Dexter and Chelsea MLS listings of properties in Washtenaw County MI.
First Time Homebuyers - Are you a first time homebuyer in Ann Arbor, Dexter and Chelsea, MI? Choose a top real estate agent. Elizabeth Brien can guide your home buying search.
Mortgage Prequalification - Pre-qualify for a mortgage or loan for your Ann Arbor, Dexter and Chelsea house or other real estate or property.
Go to Main Sitemap - Main sitemap sections include Find Ann Arbor, Dexter and Chelsea Homes, For Home Buyers, For Home Sellers, Ann Arbor, Dexter and Chelsea Information, Real Estate Resources, and About Elizabeth Brien.
Please Sign Up For The Latest Listings and the Latest Real Estate News
Real Estate Tips
Foreclosures >4. Foreclosure Alternatives
There are several alternatives for a homeowner to consider when foreclosure is looming. Before proceeding, a homeowner must first choose whether or not he or she wants to keep his or her home.
If a homeowner wants to keep their home:
- Repayment plan: The homeowner establishes a payment schedule with the lender to pay the delinquent amount.
- Special forbearance plan: The homeowner requests a temporary reduction or payment suspension that will be increased after a set specific period of to repay the delinquent amount.
- Modifying the mortgage: The homeowner can refinance the debt and/or extend the term of the loan.
- HUD partial claim: If the homeowner has a loan insured by the Federal Housing Administration the lender can get a one time payment from the FHA-Insurance Fund to get the mortgage payments up to date.
- Refinance: The homeowner can negotiate a new loan with a different interest rate in order to make smaller payments.
- All options listed are subject to approval of the lender.
If a homeowner does not want to keep their home:
- Sell the house: Depending on the situation, the homeowner may be able to sell the house for more than is owed to the lender.
- Assumption: The homeowner turns over possession of the house to another person who then assumes the responsibility of the payments.
- Short sale: The lender and the homeowner come to an agreement to sell the home at a loss in order to get the homeowner out.
- Pre-foreclosure sale: The homeowner can sell the home and use the proceeds to settle the mortgage debt, even if the proceeds are less than the amount owed.
- Deed in Lieu of Foreclosure: The homeowner surrenders the property to the lender without further damage to his or her credit.
Real Estate Trivia
What is the largest home in Hollywood?
The largest home in Hollywood is currently "The Manor" at 36,500 square feet, built by T.V. producer Aaron Spelling for $37 million.
|See More Real Estate Trivia >
The Charles Reinhart Company Realtors
2355 W. Stadium
Ann Arbor, MI. 48103
Elizabeth Cell: 734.645.4444
Bruce Cell: 734.476.1103
Office Direct: 734.669.5989
Office Switch: 734.665.0300
Elizabeth Brien is a dedicated champion for the achievement of the dreams and goals of her clients and their families. Elizabeth's keen ability to establish relationships with her clients, her vast marketplace knowledge,
and her focus and effort, have resulted in a significant list of satisfied, and often repeat, clients. Elizabeth has over 29 years of experience throughout the entire residential market - new construction and re-sale of homes, condos and income properties. With over $65 million in sales in 2012, and $774 million in career sales, Elizabeth Brien was again the top-selling realtor in Washtenaw County and The Charles Reinhart Company in 2012. Please contact Elizabeth for information concerning the Ann Arbor and greater Washtenaw County areas, and for assistance in buying or selling a home in Ann Arbor, Saline, Dexter, Chelsea or any other part of Washtenaw County. She'll be happy to help in any way she can.
is brought to you by Elizabeth Brien, real estate for
Ann Arbor, Dexter and Chelsea, Michigan
Read Elizabeth Brien's
Terms of Service,
Free & Without Obligation Pledge
© Best Image Marketing and/or its clients.
All rights reserved. All information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.